Monday, January 7, 2008

I´m Here!

Here = Nicaragua :)

I made it safe and sound to Nica on Saturday (no mechanical problems this time). The Peace Corps set me up in a nice hotel (hot water, a/c, comfy bed) only a 1 block from the office here. I spend most of the weekend on my own reading and walking to and from the supermarket (the only place I had enough money to eat at). Today I signed all of the important documents for my bank account and I swore in as a Peace Corps volunteer. Tomorrow I should be moving in with my new host family and I´ll probably meet with my counterpart (the English teacher I´ll be working with for the next two years). I´m sure I´ll spend the rest of the week settling in and refamiliarizing myself with my site. Next week the real work begins with a 3 day conference with my counterpart in Managua.

Still enjoying the warm weather.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great news Sara! Welcome back to Nicaraugua...I am so glad that everything has worked out. I'll check the blog now and then to keep up with your activities.
Take good care now!
Lori