Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Still loving it!

Even though I have been really busy, I've been having a great time. My colleagues and I observed afternoon classes last week at the High School here and the English teacher is fantastic. She actually only works at the high school part time and teaches at two local universities in the afternoons/evenings and on weekends. She can speak English with only a little difficulty and she uses a lot of interactive techniques in her classroom already, so we aren't going to catch the students completely off guard when we start playing games and having them work in pairs. Two people in my training group co-taught their first classes yesterday and today; another person and I will co-teach on Monday and Tuesday afternoon next week. I am really excited to plan with the professor on Sunday and teach with her next week.

We only received approval yesterday to work with the morning teacher. We are planning to observe her later this week or early next week. We met her when we visited the school last week and she is really excited that Peace Corps is working with the high school here.

Our first Youth Group function did not go very smoothly. The youth didn't show up on time and not many came.

No comments: