Tuesday, May 8, 2007

First Entry from Nicaragua

My schedule here is crazy! I have class from 8 to noon and from 1 to 4 in the afternoon Monday through Friday with three other girls in the English training program. Last Saturday we had a "special" 3 hour class to introduce us to our site. We will have class 6 days most weeks because we have specific training sessions on Saturdays or we visit current volunteers to see what work they do on a daily basis. Tomorrow is our first field trip - we get to go to the Ecological Museum in Diriamba in the afternoon. Somehow, language training is going to be incorporated...

My family is very welcoming and my living quarters are extremely comfortable. I have my own private bedroom with a lock (Peace Corps regulations demand this much), but I also have my own bathroom and toilet - indoors. We have electricity, running (cold) water, and a large living room area. My family also owns a small store which sells candies, bread, oil (for cooking), and other daily necessities.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Hi Sara. Glad to hear things are going well for you so far. So you have indoor plumbing and electricity? Thats wonderful! Keep us updated on all your adventures.

Anonymous said...

Hola Sara! Great to hear your progress. I bet you are learning SO much every day. And your spanish skills are improving by leaps and bounds too. Take it one day at a time. Things at Marriott are ok - we added KC to the regional desk but maybe you knew that before you left.
Best to you. This will be the adventure of your life and I am excited to share it via email!
Lori Darby