Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Back in the US...

For those of you that I haven't been able to see...I am back in good old Blair, Nebraska. I am currently medically separated from the Peace Corps because I am being weaned off of Effexor. Supposedly, there can be some very nasty withdrawal symptoms towards the end of the process (brain shocks, insomnia, drastic weight gain/loss, headaches, and so on). I haven't had any problems yet in week 2 of 5. I'm going to try and stay off anti-anxiety medications because of the side effects (it seems they're almost all as problematic as Effexor) and try some herbal remedies that my mom's doctor recommends. According to the Peace Corps medical office in Washington D.C., I'll be able to return to Nicaragua once I have been stable (i.e. no anxiety attacks) for 2 months - that should be in October/November (hopefully before it snows). Since I have free internet access now (at least I don't pay for it), I am going to try to update my pictures on the web so that everybody can see the family that I lived with, my house, and some of my friends. Feel free to e-mail me with questions.

Always,
Sarita

No comments: